Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tea Time Adventures


I love tea (and so does Mike), but I also go through phases. Sometimes I drink it all the time and other times I'm not so bothered about it. Nonetheless, I have an unruly tea collection, and I love finding new teas to try. Most recently I have found prickly pear tea, which is delicious!


The other day I had an idea to put my English Breakfast tea from Trader Joe's in a mason jar I had hanging around. I had two separate boxes of this tea, and I thought it'd be a nice way to combine the two and also give the jar a use. I really liked the way it looked and was getting tired of all my other tea boxes cluttering up the top of the 'pantry' in our kitchen, so I headed out to Target and bought some canning jars.


I would have loved to find fun vintage jars and search around antique shops, but I didn't really want to take the time or pay the price, so I just got a dozen 16 oz jars for tea bags and 4 wide mouth 8 oz jars for my loose tea. I washed and thoroughly dried all the jars and then I set to work! It was a really quick project, but I love how much nicer my tea collection looks. Now we can actually see all of the tea we have, and there's no clutter of boxes! Plus it's easier to get to the teas now they're not all stacked together.


No comments:

Post a Comment