Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Letter Writing Adventures


Mike and I both have pen pals. I've had pen pals for a few years now. I think my first was my roommate from when I studied abroad. When we returned from Italy, we decided to start writing letters rather than e-mails to keep in touch. I now have several pen pals - some are friends who I don't get to see much anymore and others are people I've met online and started correspondence with. Mike's pen pal is one of his good friends from college.

I love writing to people and getting letters back. It's so much fun to pick out stationary and actually have someone to send things to! Plus how great is it to open your mailbox and find a new letter from an awesome friend!? I usually sit down to respond to my letters over the weekend. I like to set aside some time to write back to everyone at once. I make a mug of yummy tea and settle in to write. I love letters! They seem so much more permanent than e-mails. I keep all of the letters I receive in a box in my bedside table. I couple of months ago, I had to get a bigger box because the one I had was overflowing. And in this day of instantaneous and fleeting messages, it's nice to have something a bit slower and more tangible. I love holding a letter in my hands that someone took the time to handwrite and mail to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment