Friday, September 13, 2013

Adventures Over and Under Mountains

The Sunday and Monday of Labor Day Weekend, we took two really fun - and very different - day trips with Jenn's parents. On Sunday, we drove to the top of a nearby mountain and did a hike at the top. What really struck us was how peaceful it all was. We do not often have silence living on a college campus, but at the top of this mountain it was just our small group and nature.




There were also amazing views!!! I had fun with the panoramic function on my new iPhone.




On Monday, we visited an old copper-mining town in the area and went into the mines. It was such an interesting tour, led by a real miner! I was a little scared thinking about how deep underground we were, but got over it after learning so much. We also visited the mining museum in the town to learn some more. So cool and so much fun! I cannot wait for more adventures in the area and when my parents visit too!




No comments:

Post a Comment