Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wedding!! Part 1 - Getting Ready

Our wedding day was AMAZING!! We had the best time ever celebrating with our family and friends, and we're looking forward to sharing our wonderful day with you over several posts.

I started out the day at home with my mom, dad and sister. Mid-morning my sister and I headed out to the hair and makeup place. I had my hair and makeup done with my bridesmaids, my mom and Mike's mom. We relaxed and chatted and had lunch while we all got our hair and makeup taken care of. Then we trekked over our venue - a gorgeous castle up in the woods.




Something old was my paternal grandmother's brooch that I wore on the waistband of my dress. Something new was my dress. Something borrowed was my mom's wedding handkerchief that I kept in the pocket of my dress (yes, it had pockets!). Something blue was a blue ribbon sewn into my bustle. A very dear friend gave me a sixpence to keep in my pocket as well because the full rhyme is something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and a sixpence in her shoe. 




For jewelry I wore pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, and a pearl bracelet that my parents gave me. My sister was my maid of honor, and I had two additional bridesmaids - Mike's sister and one of my childhood best friends.




I got Mike's cufflinks from Etsy. One said 'I love you' and the other said 'To the moon and back'. The tuxes were rented from Jos. A Bank. Mike's best man was one of his oldest and closest friends. His two other groomsmen were two more very close friends - one from home and the second from William and Mary.



Hair and makeup took a little longer than expected, so Mike, the groomsmen and our dads had plenty of time to hang out and relax. They explored the venue and got lots of photos taken. When I arrived with our moms and the bridesmaids, we quickly went in to get ready. Then Mike and I had our first look!! Stay tuned for the next post!



Photos by Dani Leigh Photography. Mike's cufflinks from JSCJewelry. Jenn's dress hanger from Whiskey & Wedding Bells. Venue was The Cloisters

No comments:

Post a Comment