Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wedding!! Part 4 - The Ceremony

We had quite a simple ceremony in the amphitheater of The Cloisters. The amphitheater was a really unique setting for the ceremony. I loved that there was no central aisle to separate our families and guests. It also allowed us to get a photo of all of our wedding guests at the end of the ceremony!



We did all of the ceremony decorations ourselves. I made flower bunches from artificial flowers from Michael's tied together with ribbon and twine. The bunches were tied on the posts down the stairs on each side of the amphitheater. Our amazing helpers, Mike's two great aunts, his great uncle, his uncle and my sister's boyfriend, completed the ceremony decorations for us!! They draped tulle and tied ribbons along the back of the stage and at the top of the amphitheather. It was lovely!



We made our own programs. Mike and I designed them together and he made them all (with some help from a groomsman too)! We printed them on card stock, folded them in half, and then taped them together with double sided tape with a large craft stick in the middle at the bottom so they could also functions as fans. We had a lovely harpist play our ceremony music. She even learned 'All You Need is Love' for us to walk out to!! I walked in with my dad to Pachelbel's Canon.





Our officiant was a good friend of my parents, and she was really wonderful! We met with her a few times earlier in the year, and went back and forth over e-mail quite a bit. She was really helpful and created a gorgeous ceremony! My sister and Mike's sister both performed readings during the ceremony. My sister read 'The Art of Marriage' and Mike's sister read 'Sonnet 116'. I'm so glad they were a part of our ceremony!




We wrote our own vows. We did practice them during the rehearsal, so the wedding day wasn't the first time we'd heard them, but I'm glad we practiced them because it definitely made us more comfortable on the day. 



Our whole wedding!!!! I love this photo!


Photography by Dani Leigh Photography. Harp by Harp Shadows. Venue was The Cloisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment